A List Of Interesting Process Analysis Essay Topics About Cooking
When you write a process analysis essay what you are expected to give is directions about how something works. Otherwise known as the “how-to” essay, you must show the steps of the process in the order they should be taken – from first to last.
In its simplest form the process analysis essay is a series of directions with added definitions if you think your reader might be unfamiliar with the terms you are using.
This type of paper can either show how something works or describe how you do an action. As with all essays, it is important to consider your audience as you write your paper – are you writing for a highly qualified technical person or the everyday man in the streets. That will tell you how detailed you need to be in defining unusual words. Remember when choosing topics that some foods have foreign spellings so double check those words – misspelling is not a way to impress your teacher.
But importantly, when you complete your work, your reader will know something they did not know before.
“How-to” write a process analysis essay.
- Make sure you are clear on all the essential steps that you intend to describe.
- Your thesis statement must tell the reader the significance of the procedure.
- Put your steps in order, first to last.
- Get across why each step is required for the procedure.
- Do include any safety warnings that might be necessary.
- Remember that not everyone reading your work will understand the jargon, so define any specific technique-related terms.
- Give an account of any tools and materials that you know will be needed
- Finally make sure your reader understands the conditions that show whether or not the procedure has been completed successfully.
- Impress your teacher – add some recipe tips at the end of your essay.
Suggestions for topics about cooking
- Eating a balanced diet – show the steps necessary to eat healthily.
- Your grandmother’s recipe for apple pie – or any recipe if that one is a family secret.
- The production line for processed food – sandwich making on an industrial scale.
- How about looking at how to run an artisan bakery?
- How to improve your cookery skills.
- How to get more people interested in cookery.
- The extraction method required to turn cocoa beans in chocolate.
- Overcoming the nutritional difficulties of being vegetarian.
- Regulation and food safety issues.
- How to cook for a family of four on a limited budget.